Monday, 26 January 2009

Hoorah! I'm getting published

After sending out tons of submissions to agents and publishers I finally, to my utter amazement and joy, was informed that my submission had been accepted for publication. The day my jaw hit my littered desk was Thursday 20th November 2008. I was utterly lost for words, so as not to make a scene at work I silently screamed and yelped. What's happening now? Well, the cover is being designed and my manuscript is being proof read and edited. It still feels very surreal and I guess it won't sink in until I have a published copy in my hand - which I'm hoping will be around April 2009. For those of you who want a taster here's a snippet of my first chapter. I hope you enjoy it...

It was as if time had stopped – doubled over from a kick in the nuts. But my car was still moving - floating almost, carried by a torrent of multicolour that swirled like ribbon. My senses were trancelike. As I sat there helpless in the driver’s seat, a chilling sense of emptiness overwhelmed me. Every movement I made felt...unnatural – as though I didn’t belong to this world - detached from my body. It reminded me of being on Acid...

The windscreen cracked. My car jolted and shook madly, snaking and lurching as its undercarriage sizzled and popped from the dust and stones that kicked up.

‘Hit the brakes!’ urged my passenger.



2 comments:

  1. Best things are stumbled upon! A 30 something author of 5 published novels, i do understand how difficult it can be. I am looking forward to this one!! Looks like it will be great. I wish you all the success

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks noodles. I hope you enjoy the book when it's out

    ReplyDelete